Saturday, January 12, 2008

Woooh


Okay, that was a close one! I believe I missed 1 or 2 days of writing in my book. (fear temporarily gripped my heart!) You other writers know the game? You miss a few days of writing and it can be down hill from there!

I have a bad habit of "justified piddling." That is, filling my days with work that does not contribute to my primary goals. These types of distractions seem to seek me out and lure me away all the time! I soon become interested in some "other" project, and before I know it, several hours has passed and I'm calling it a day. But this year I am more focused!

Sure some days are going to be worse than others, but I won't allow the bad days to set this years tone for me. I will shake it off, and get back up!

Yesterday I was very good; I resisted the temptation to "piddle" after a morning meeting that ran into the afternoon. Once I picked up my lunch, I wanted to come home, eat, and rest(maybe catch a show) Well, I resisted that time stealer by placing my food on my desk, right next to my lap top!

After I finished eating. I jumped right in! I wrote for 2 hours which puts me very close to finishing the chapter I'm in. I was very proud of my self.

Isn't that what it takes most of the time? Jumping right in? You've gotta do it, before you have too much time to think! If not, you'll think of many reasons why you should be doing something else!

Until Next time people! : )

No comments: